Production chains for the Colony mode
New real-time combat system
Blocking in the Colony mode
Colony Defense Mode
Important Information Maintenance
PvP Video Tutorial
A new game mode has been unlocked Colony Conquering!
In this mode you can send out special, new troops to find and conquer islands from other players, which are rich in resources. Also, an alternative combat system and brand new challenges await you!
Take and defend what is yours!
In order to claim new islands, you now have access to some specialized troops and buildings. You can only use these units to conquer a colony.
(1) First, you’ll need to produce new weapon types, which can be ordered from the Combat Armory.
(2) With those weapons you can build your new troops. You can do that in your Combat Academy.
(3) You’ll also need to acquire a new kind of general, which is called a marshal. You can acquire different kinds in the tavern, or buy them in the shop.
The Colony mode uses a different combat system than you know from your kingdom or adventures.
(1) The biggest difference is that combat is now conducted in real time. Enemy camps will be occupied by different unit types. In combat, one stack of unit types will attack another, until one stack is defeated. If you defeat your opponent’s stack, a new, randomly chosen stack from the camp will be deployed. You can decide which unit type you want to lead into battle next.
(2) There are three basic unit types infantry, cavalry, and ranged units. Each of those unit types is good vs. one and bad vs. another, meaning it will deal (or receive) bonus damage. You should always try to match the right unit type against your current opponent.
In order to succeed in conquering colonies you can try to make use of a tactic called “blocking”. This tactic is extremely risky, and is probably best suited for advanced players – but if you get it right, you can save a lot of troops, and their associated production costs.
Since enemy units in a sector will flee once their sector boss has been defeated, you can use this to your advantage. Normally, a marshal would be intercepted once they pass through the red attack area of a camp. Once the camp’s been engaged in combat, though, the attack area vanishes, and other marshals may pass through.
As your heavy units can take a lot of damage, and can last a long time, you should attack every camp in between you and the sector boss with these, in order to disable their attack areas.
Attack units on the other hand will finish off a camp quickly. Thus, you should use these to defeat the sector boss.
In the given example, you would (1) block the cavalry camp and (2) the melee camp with your heavy units and then (3) defeat the sector boss with your attack units, utilizing your three Marshals.
Optimizing your timing here will mean you lose fewer units.
(1) Your most important goal is to defeat the sector boss camp. When you defeat this camp, all other enemies in the same sector will flee – whether they are currently engaged in combat or not.
(2) Normally standard camps only contain one unit type. Boss camps are mostly well guarded and contain several different unit types, along with a sector boss. These camps will require your full attention, so always be sure to match the right unit type against them.
(3) You can select a unit type by clicking on the battlefield UI element, which shows the next unit to be deployed out of your stack. You can change it at any time, but remember It will only change once either your unit, or the enemy stack has been defeated.
Hint You can see the next enemy unit to be deployed in the equivalent element on the opponent’s side.
This is the defense mode of your island. You can use it to build defenses, and close the weak spots you discovered while conquering the island. Other players will try to steal the island from you, so be sure to prepare a nice surprise for them.
(1) You can build additional defense camps from the building menu on the expedition island. Building these defenses costs defense points, which you automatically receive when conquering the island.
(2) These defensive outposts can be built in the provided building slots.
(3) As you can see, the buildings you can construct differ from the ones which are populated by bandits. Explore the different kinds of buildings and see what they can do! Once set, you can populate them with mercenary troops of your choosing, which you can also acquire by spending defense points.
Important Information PvP Expeditions & Maintenance
Before starting an expedition, please make sure you have enough time to finish it. Expeditions will not be prolonged during maintenance.
Maintenance announcements are posted on the website.
One of your marshals has been defeated in combat! But luckily, you can help your troops recover faster.
(1) You can produce expedition medipacks in your Provision House. Apply these on a marshal’s garrison to instantly revive him and continue fighting.
Note expedition medipacks can only be used on marshals on expedition islands.
(2) Be aware you can only use a limited amount of medipacks per island. On every expedition island there is a medipack counter. It shows you, how many medipacks you’ve used, and how many you’re allowed to use in total.
This video explains everything you need to know in order to start competing with other players for control of colonies.
It shows you how you can search, attack and defend a colony.
You will also find out information about the new combat system how does it work, what are the new buildings you need and what are the new troops you will use to conquer new islands.
The video gives useful tips on how to attack colonies efficiently, using the bonus damage of units and even how to efficiently “block” using heavy units.
You can also learn on how you can defend the colonies you conquer and reap the rewards most efficiently.